Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Bitching

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Arms and Armor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushikan
Village Councilman
Village Councilman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Bitching Reply with quote
Recently I had the opportunity to appraise a sword a service man (WWII occupation soldier) took home from Japan. He bought it from a friend who swiped it from his wife's families house to support them. I took off the tsuka and there it was........... KANEHIZA it was a KANEHIZA.
The guy had been preserving it b applying WD-40.
I told him what it was, and his reaction was one of a collector "wow....." and then he told me the story o how he got it. It needs to be polished a little but................ its priceless, and his bratty grandkids are going to inherit it, and completely destroy it. aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............
I would not mind it if it was given to a museum to be preserved but...... its going to be used like another one appraised where the vet brought it out of his garage and cut an old couch in half before I could tell him to stop. I feel like the Indian in that old recycling commercial who was crying when he looked at the NJ Turnpike.

This is the end of my bitch.....
"My soul dies in the fields of New Jersey"
only a few weeks, till go back.... too long
(this is now the end of my bitch)

Last edited by Bushikan on Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
niitsu kakunoshin
Gunshi
Gunshi
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Bitching Reply with quote
Bushikan wrote:
I feel like the Indian in that old recycling commercial who was crying when he looked at the NJ Turnpike.

That is SUCH a good example. I now FULLY understand what you mean. Laughing That poor poor Indian... and sword for that matter. What a shame.
rikoseishin
Shushou
Shushou
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Now gentle men I belive we should address these people as they wish, the Native...a...the American....oh never miond, they are what they are Just Kidding

(and I can say this because I am part one).

Jonah Matheson
niitsu kakunoshin
Gunshi
Gunshi
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
rikoseishin wrote:
Now gentle men I belive we should address these people as they wish, the Native...a...the American....oh never miond, they are what they are Just Kidding

(and I can say this because I am part one).

I feel for the Native Americans. It always makes me mad when people call me white instead of what they should an Irish, English, Dutch and German American. Some people are just so lazy and inconsiderate. Rolling Eyes Laughing Just Kidding
shikisoku
Yamashiro no Kami
Yamashiro no Kami
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
During he WWII, the Japanese government confiscated many swords and melted them to make shipsn' stuffs.
I am happy, at least the Kanehiza wasn't melted. Smile
Ranger
Ashigaru
Ashigaru
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shikisoku wrote:
During he WWII, the Japanese government confiscated many swords and melted them to make shipsn' stuffs.

Never heard that one before. Shocked

No offense, but I find that very hard to believe. After the war, the allied powers confiscated many swords in its efforts to demilitarize the country, but for the Japanese to have done it "to make shipsn' stuffs" is absolutely inconceivable.
niitsu kakunoshin
Gunshi
Gunshi
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
shikisoku wrote:
I am happy, at least the Kanehiza wasn't melted. Smile

Is that really true? Any source on that by chance?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Arms and Armor All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: