Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Human Weapon: Ninja Masters gets slammed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Martial Arts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bladeswinger
Village Councilman
Village Councilman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Human Weapon: Ninja Masters gets slammed Reply with quote
I enjoyed some of the training methods and a few segments, but after all the different aspects of the art: weapons, empty hand, shuriken and more, it came down to a chanbara match with a 13th dan (13th?) Ninja Master getting his butt kicked by a white belt.

The other, 15th (15th?) dan Ninja Master won, but barely, especially since he was fighting a white belt also. I noticed there were no Japanese Masters taking part, just observing.

The big ukemi move of the night was a roll with the direction of the sword avoiding a horizontal cut. You would be "tracked" easily and with a slight adjustment in maai (distance) you would be dead. I would roll the oppisite direction and strike to the swordsmans exposed side.

Hopefully Hatsumi and his sidekicks allowed their two Ninja Masters To commit seppuku or at least fall on their swords like Samurai:D Very Happy
kendoka girl
Artisan
Artisan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Howdy,

There was a very lively discussion on this episode on the Human Weapon forum -

http://boards.historychannel.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700023782&tstart=120&mod=1198537490952

It seemed as if the opponents were holding back, but if not, that would be embarrassing. We have only up to Hachidan, but our sensei said once you get past Yondan, anyone of Kyu rank shouldn't beat you.
Bladeswinger
Village Councilman
Village Councilman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Human Weapon: Ninja Masters gets slammed Reply with quote
I agree with your sensei.
phyllobius
Peasant
Peasant
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Once again the question of grading according Hatsumi Masaaki. My teacher told me that he has the skill to guess what you want, and that it's your duty to say "yes" or "no" to him. Seeing how things fit in the "Bujinkan" I think he's right.

Trying to get the truth in this organisation leads to a watered down form Paranoia, you end up at night screaming and seeing in front of you a little guy saying with a frank smile "Kyojitsu desu ne Muhuhahaha"
maikeruart
Shushou
Shushou
Veteran Member
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The matches to me looked like something out of a bad LARP game.
ko-ryu
Vagrant
Vagrant
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, yes... those black suited guys...
sorry, but my sensei told me, even to respect them! Because Respect is all we can pay for an opponent, even if he's not a real competition.
so he told be, before someone's bragging around, he should take the competition and see if he can match up....
So all I see here, is something weird, lik something for the camera, but no real competition betwen both.
So considering: Both seem not to play with all their abilities and I think all holding back something, so what I see looks like a big show, good for the video...
As many members of the bujinkan, who visited our dojo didn't come to disgrace us, or to seek competion, the most be gentle, respectfull and quite, I pay respect for them, even if I can't come along with their way of viewing an koryu or classical martial art.
But if you look in a clear moonlit night onto a ponds surface, the moon you see there shines for everyone looking at different.... So I do not judge, I haven't the grade, not skill to do so.
If you have....

So here is another weird Ninja Video from south america, and that's were I started moving to my sensei getting my ass kicked, because here I can not uphold my respect:

Strange Ninjer vid on YouTube.com

Part two of the strange Ninjer Vid on youTube.com

In the second vid, well, that doesn't look like any aikijitsu or kumiuchi technique, it looks lieke a mixture of krav maga, jujutsu, judo and modern self defense.... if that's how the ninjers see themself, well, then they maybe to blame, but if not...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Martial Arts All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: