Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Training in Serbia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Martial Arts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bladeswinger
Village Councilman
Village Councilman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Training in Serbia Reply with quote
I just got back from 6 days in Serbia. I did 4 seminars in 2 cities and was interviewed by 2 TV stations, a radio station and a martial arts magazine. I got to meet and visit with several leading martial arts instructors in the Belgrade area.
I was reffered to often as a Good Will Ambassador. Because of tensions,fighting in Kosovo and riots, people are afraid to go there, but here is this American walking around everywhere with a USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame sweat shirt with an eagle and American flag on the back, not afraid at all. I did get a few very hard stares sometimes though. One guy on a corner in Petrovic made a few coments to me but as long as he did'nt throw anything at me I did'nt care. I did have some tense moments when I was taking pics of the burned out US embassy. Twice I was surrounded by Serbian guards with AK-47s wanting to take my camera. I did talk them out of it after 15 minutes. I had 2 days of trouble with Serbian customs bringing in our swords and bokken. This was a drag as we had to drive twice 65 miles each way to deal with these idiots.
The students had retained much of what I taught them 2 years ago and we built upon those waza.
They have no infrastructure and have to fight for space and equipment. It takes 10 years to get a shodan or first degree black belt there so they are very serious.
I presented Dr. Ivica Zadravkovic CEO of KIAI with a beautiful hand made WW2 katana from all his friends in the US for all he has done for martial arts on an international scale. Serbia is a beautiful country with many talented people and I'm looking forward to going back.
Bladeswinger
Village Councilman
Village Councilman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Training in Serbia Reply with quote
I want to mention, if you want to see pics of the trip, etc go to:

http://kenjutsukai.tripod.com
on line mag recent edition.

There is also a story about me being inducted into thre USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame for a second time and recieving my Doctorates Degrees in Martial Arts Philosophy amd Martial Arts Science.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Martial Arts All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: