Register :: Log in :: Profile   

A Nobunaga's Ambition AAR?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you be interested in reading an AAR of a Nobunaga's Ambition game?
Yes
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
No
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Drakken
Priest
Priest
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: A Nobunaga's Ambition AAR? Reply with quote
I have this lingering idea about making an AAR of one of my current Nobunaga's Ambition games for you guys, but beforehand I wish to poll around to see if people would be interested in following such a story. Alas, as there are no "fictional" forum for those who which to write short stories or AAR of samurai-themed games, the only place I can write one would be here.

As I am waiting for PUK for Tendou to arrive, I thought I would make one with Tenka Sousei, which is RPG-friendlier and more diplomatically balanced than the later two iterations. This, however, will change with the new "Culture" feature, especially the "noble culture" that will bring in interactions with the Imperial court which promise to be closer to what we see in Tenka Sousei.
lordameth
Awa no Kami
Awa no Kami
Veteran Member
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
And AAR stands for...?

紫水晶殿 - The Amethyst Lord
Drakken
Priest
Priest
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
After-Action Report, a military term that covers reports made after combat to one's superior.

In strategy and wargaming, it came to mean a narrative written for an audience describing the player's actions and decisions, the events in the game, and the overall progress of the game. It can be point-by-point or, as I intend to do, woven in a storyline.

In other words, it's a fanfic written from the action inside a game, either against the CPU or other players. Here, in instance, following the rise and fall of a daimyo, a retainer, or even a secondary character describing the events of the game from his or her own point of view.
lordameth
Awa no Kami
Awa no Kami
Veteran Member
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Neat.

紫水晶殿 - The Amethyst Lord
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Entertainment All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: