Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Anthony Bryant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Arms and Armor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
estcrh
Artisan
Artisan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Anthony Bryant Reply with quote
For everyone who benefited from Anthony Bryant's knowledge over the years this is a very sad time. I just read about his passing away on another forum.

I would suggest that people copy his web site for personal future reference as there is not way of knowing how long it will be available.

Quote:
I am sorry to say Tony has died yesterday, Christmas day. This is very sad news and condolences go to his family. He will be missed. John

http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/katchu/katchu.html
lordameth
Awa no Kami
Awa no Kami
Veteran Member
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for this reminder/suggestion. I have found Tony's website extremely useful on multiple occasions, providing info on specific garments, the various traditional ways of calculating & communicating the date and time (e.g. "at six bells"), and all sorts of other good, solid, information that I really don't think is available in English in as easy-to-find a format.

For those who do wish to save the site, in case it does go down, one of the easiest ways might be to save the whole thing as a PDF. If you have full Adobe Acrobat (even a trial version, but not merely Adobe Reader), there's actually a really straightforward function that will take a URL (such as www.sengokudaimyo.com) and run through all the sections & sub-page of the entire site, transforming the whole thing into a PDF for you.

Just find "Create PDF"-->"from website", click on "entire website," and you should be all set.

There may be other easier or better ways to do it, but this is what I came upon. Cheers.

紫水晶殿 - The Amethyst Lord
maikeruart
Shushou
Shushou
Veteran Member
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
would it be wrong to also preserve it on the archives?
lordameth
Awa no Kami
Awa no Kami
Veteran Member
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I feel it might be best to ask the family their thoughts or wishes on that before going ahead to do it. What do others think?

紫水晶殿 - The Amethyst Lord
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd be full willing to mirror it on the S-A server, but I'd prefer to get permission first, not sure who I would ask.

Subcribe to Blog FeedS-A Podcast homepage
estcrh
Artisan
Artisan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lordameth wrote:

For those who do wish to save the site, in case it does go down, one of the easiest ways might be to save the whole thing as a PDF. If you have full Adobe Acrobat (even a trial version, but not merely Adobe Reader), there's actually a really straightforward function that will take a URL (such as www.sengokudaimyo.com) and run through all the sections & sub-page of the entire site, transforming the whole thing into a PDF for you.

Just find "Create PDF"-->"from website", click on "entire website," and you should be all set.

There may be other easier or better ways to do it, but this is what I came upon. Cheers.
I tried several different url to pdf creators but none of them worked with this site due to the fact that it is a framed web page, if anyone has a method that works please let me know.
Obenjo Kusanosuke
Kii no Kami
Kii no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you use Google's Chrome browser, simply go to Tony's site. Then, in the options under "save as" you can save the entire site to your hard drive. Using Chrome or any other browser can then be used to read the site just like you would on the internet. Works perfectly and you don't need to mess around with PDF files.

Heee heee! Shita iro! Shita iro! Here comes his lordship, Baka Tono!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rekishinotabi
estcrh
Artisan
Artisan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Obenjo Kusanosuke wrote:
If you use Google's Chrome browser, simply go to Tony's site. Then, in the options under "save as" you can save the entire site to your hard drive. Using Chrome or any other browser can then be used to read the site just like you would on the internet. Works perfectly and you don't need to mess around with PDF files.
i tried this method but it did not save the whole site, any other ideas?
estcrh
Artisan
Artisan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Condolences can be left here,

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/Batesville/guestbook.aspx?n=anthony-tony-bryant&pid=168764209

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Arms and Armor All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: