Register :: Log in :: Profile   

*shocking?* A Descendant of Takeda Shingen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shikisoku
Yamashiro no Kami
Yamashiro no Kami
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: *shocking?* A Descendant of Takeda Shingen Reply with quote
Takeda Anri
She seems to be grand child of Takeda Kuninobu, the 16th head of Takeda family.
http://blog.crooz.jp/chirinon72/ShowArticle?no=1372
http://blog.crooz.jp/chirinon72/ShowArticle?no=1382
http://blog.crooz.jp/chirinon72/ShowArticle?no=1376
http://blog.crooz.jp/chirinon72/ShowArticle?no=1365

She's modeling for a bitch fashion magazine.
http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2136141960529072001
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
According to THIS BLOG POST of hers, her real family name is Suzuki, but she's descended from Shingen on her father's mother's side. Her agent or someone thought it was better to hype up the Takeda angle.

She's very average--if she wasn't claiming that, I doubt she'd be a blip on anyone's radar. Not exactly even with the usual Ageha girls, even if the gyaru look isn't your thing. 
shin no sen
Izumi no Kami
Izumi no Kami
Veteran Member
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, 小悪魔 koakuma, must be the modeling agency?? What is ageha? or is she the little devil?? Somehow I feel she has let down the family name, although she is cute and all; tarted up like a westerner. John
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shin no sen wrote:
So, 小悪魔 koakuma, must be the modeling agency?? What is ageha? or is she the little devil?? Somehow I feel she has let down the family name, although she is cute and all; tarted up like a westerner. John

小悪魔アゲハ (Koakuma Ageha)is the name of a fashion magazine that markets towards the gyaru demographic.

While it's easy to draw the "trying to be a Westerner" conclusion from the lightened hair, it's not that simple. Certainly there were some influences of Western beauty ideals in the early genesis of the gyaru, but that actually filtered out fairly quickly. Gyaru has morphed to have a hundred different subcultures, and girls who tan or lighten their hair today don't really have any thoughts of trying to look "western"--they're trying to look like all the other gyaru they see in magazines like Koakuma Ageha.

And why yes, I did do a lot of "research" on gyaru for my cultural anthropology and communications classes at UH...why do you ask?
shin no sen
Izumi no Kami
Izumi no Kami
Veteran Member
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is probably my nostalgic view of maintaining cultural identity and values. It is not just in Japan, ie. watching many extreme displays in Ueno, that saddens me, but, worldwide where outside cultural influences have supplanted or at least diluted the indigenous cultures. When I was a boy I remember reading The Royal Road to Romance by Richard Halliburton. I still have the book of my childhood. It among others sparked my interest in the history and cultures of foreign lands and peoples. This evidences itself in pop culture even in our own countries in speech patterns, dress, values and morals. Where I live the traditional life and values are all but gone. When I travel, mostly the orient, traditional dress, language, customs are forcibly being made extinct. Cultural diversity is diminished and a homogeneous global culture forming. Soon all that remains will be in books, films and tourist performances. I do not know much about gyaru except it is a guys and gals thing. I would want to preserve my family dignity if I had a preeminent background. I know this is a youth thing and most revert to the family duty, but, what harm meanwhile. I know, too nostalgic, right, too colonial maybe, but, my great grand children will never have a chance to see these things that are disappearing. Of course this is normal as a result of mass media and advertising. Change isn't always good. This is just how I feel and does not mean I can't adapt, but, gee. John
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
shin no sen wrote:
Cultural diversity is diminished

Well, I'd argue the opposite--depends on how you define "culture" and "diversity". We've come a long way from concepts of monolithic national "cultures", and now you can walk along the street in Tokyo and see any number of different "cultures", and I'm not even talking about Zainichis, much less gaikokujin.

We can decry the loss of "traditional" and what makes every "culture" unique, but the fact of the matter is that what we see as "traditional" today wasn't 100, 200, or 300 years ago. Take ukiyo-e for example; now often considered the highlight of traditional Japanese visual art, in the time they were most produced they were used as wrapping paper, calendars, billboards, etc.--they were mass-consumer items. I guarantee you that in 1780 there was some samurai on his local internet message board looking around at all the courtesans strutting around (I mean, they MUST have been, they were in all the prints, right??) and complaining that things weren't like they were in the good ol' days of Fart Scrolls and frogs chasing rabbits. Meanwhile, 500 years ealier people were bewailing the end days of Mappo, and wishing it was like it had been in the good ol' Asuka period, before all that "Westerner" (meaning China, as China lies to the West of Japan...) influence barged in.

Bringing it back to the original discussion, there's a lot to the youth cultures of Japan when you take them seriously and study them, and writing them off as "trying to be Western" or "only materialistic" or what have you, you're ignoring that their development is, while influenced by the outside world (as every development in Japanese history practically has been...), uniquely Japanese. I could trace threads of continuity with today's pop culture back to Tokugawa period tobacco smokers, or Nobunaga trying on Portuguese clothes and drinking wine, or Ashikaga Yoshimitsu styling himself a Chinese sub-king, or Kukai and his contemporaries adopting various forms of Buddhism from China, or Shotoku Taishi...and so on. Saying that "well, they're diluting what it means to be 'Japanese'" (or insert any other country) is a statement I feel uncomfortable with--it's their culture, they define what it means. "Rock n Roll" is a defining concept of American culture in the latter 20th century, but "adults" of the 1950's hated it. As a child of the 80's, I'm glad they didn't get their way.

Also, you mention "preserving family dignity"--why do you assume that "family dignity" is at stake here? Simply because young people aren't doing the same thing as their parents? Again, story old as time. I think your statement would benefit from some refinement, and clarifying exactly what is so "undignified"--is it that they dye their hair? Well heavens! Now, if you want to say that the hostess/host lifestyle is "undignified" and so on, then I'll not argue that (though I think to an extent it is arguable, because it's all based on individual values judgments), because from a common values perspective it falls outside the norm. But youth have always dressed differently (scandalously!) compared to their elders. Eventually they become the "elders", and they tone down a bit, but also expand the concept of what's "acceptable" to the "elder" set.

I'm not interested in going back to top hats and 5 piece suits as daily wear, so this is a phenomenon I'm perfectly okay with.

Take Fujita Shiho (or "Sifow"), for instance--model, pop singer, company president at age 21 and....farming activist? She's the leader of the "Nogyaru" (農ギャル) Project, taking city-dwelling gyaru girls out to farms and growing rice, teaching them about sustainable farming and "oh hey, this is where your food comes from", and work ethic. I mean, I guess that you could harrumph and say this is "undignified", but what about standing in the middle of a rice paddy planting seedlings really is? It's dirty, nasty work--and the fact that she's a visible face to young women and is educating them about it (and selling the rice in stores in Shibuya) is pretty commendable in my book.
shin no sen
Izumi no Kami
Izumi no Kami
Veteran Member
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I understand that change is inevitable and expression and emulation all a part of it. I applaud Fujita's efforts, commendable. Of course there is no period we can hold as representative and preserve it in stasis for posterity, alas. I remember a hostess at a commemorative dinner with whom I had some conversation and she mentioned that she was employed to meet foreign people and introduce them to Japan and its' culture. She said she was "a specific term" something to do with 'window', I can't remember the term, but, was a window to Japan. It isn't only Japan to which I refer in these losses (change) of culture. Now, even the sight of kimono brings about interest by the Japanese people, remembering and eliciting comments of 'how nice' 'how quaint' 'how beautiful'. I remember watching sumi being made at a temple and people fascinated by one of the dying arts. All this is being lost. When in Gion for example it is rare to see Geiko, even Maiko are hard to see except at certain festivals. There is less interest in spending years training in these arts and many are in danger of becoming extinct or mere shadows of their former glory. Simple things like indigo dyers, and it goes on. You are right, I can't assume family dignity is at stake in Anri's case. I can't say what goes on in the minds of others. Just it seems to me as being lacking in gravitas considering the family heritage. That's just me and means little, just commentary. Anyway, I am not arguing against the new, just sad to see the old disappear. John
AJBryant
Shikken
Shikken
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
All I can say is that at the end of the day...

I'd hit it.
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
AJBryant wrote:

I'd hit it.

I think you should write another book on the real secret of the modern Takeda Army, the "F-kappu".
shin no sen
Izumi no Kami
Izumi no Kami
Veteran Member
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd hit it.

For sure, cuteness to the Nth. John
Obenjo Kusanosuke
Kii no Kami
Kii no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shin,
I live in Japan and it is not as bad as you make it sound regarding the diminished state of Japanese culture. Traditional arts are flourishing, sometimes with a modern "flourish". Domer is right in that traditional Japanese culture is constantly evolving, but there are strings that often tie it to the past.

It is nice to want to live in some aspects of the past, but I prefer to live in the here and now. Can't imagine life without Toto washlets.

Heee heee! Shita iro! Shita iro! Here comes his lordship, Baka Tono!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rekishinotabi
shin no sen
Izumi no Kami
Izumi no Kami
Veteran Member
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, that is good to hear. So many outsaide of a select group have no interest in traditional art and crafts, I have found. When I receive visitors from Japan in my home there is not as much interest in my art, swords and etc. as I would expect by the young crowd. The elders do show some interest, but, even then, more interested in what is in my area. Of course, they did come to visit an Eskimo village, see the Northern Lights, pingoes and hunting polar bear, muskoxen etc., so understandable in that they can see all that in museums at home. The biggest draw is going down the MacKenzie River to the Beaufort Sea where I live. John
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
John, I think you hit on it exactly--they're not there to see things that are familiar from home. Much like my Japanese friends couldn't understand why Meiji-mura, the collection of many of the first Western style buildings in Japan, now housed just outside of Nagoya, was completely uninteresting to me. My response was that if I wanted to see 100 year old Western style buildings, I could visit just about any city on the east coast of the US. It's not what I came to Japan to see.
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ltdomer98 wrote:
John, I think you hit on it exactly--they're not there to see things that are familiar from home.

Yet they spend hours waiting to get into Todai Japanese Restaurant and Kame-Udon on Kalakaua Avenue every night.

Subcribe to Blog FeedS-A Podcast homepage
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitsuno wrote:
Yet they spend hours waiting to get into Todai Japanese Restaurant and Kame-Udon on Kalakaua Avenue every night.

Food is a different thing altogether. While I would not say this about me, there are plenty of Americans who land in Tokyo and immediately head for the first McDonald's.

The funny thing is, even things like McDonald's are different in Japan from Stateside.
shikisoku
Yamashiro no Kami
Yamashiro no Kami
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I prefer CoCo-Ichi curry in Hawaii better than the ones in Japan because CoCo-ichi Hawaii curry has more beef.
shikisoku
Yamashiro no Kami
Yamashiro no Kami
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kyuonkai 旧温会 the association of descendants of Takeda clan retainers says she isn't legitimate.
Quote:
※自称、武田信玄公18代末裔と話題に上がっているモデルの方につきまして甲斐武田正統家出身の方にその様な方はいらっしゃいませんし当会の会員にも該当の方はお見えになりません。http://www.kyuuonkai.net/

According to this blog she owns Kyabakura and Girls bar (prostitution?), she is single mother with 6 years old kid.(She is 23 now).
She may be a compulsive liar.
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
shikisoku wrote:
Kyuonkai 旧温会 the association of descendants of Takeda clan retainers says she isn't legitimate.
Quote:
※自称、武田信玄公18代末裔と話題に上がっているモデルの方につきまして甲斐武田正統家出身の方にその様な方はいらっしゃいませんし当会の会員にも該当の方はお見えになりません。http://www.kyuuonkai.net/

According to this blog she owns Kyabakura and Girls bar (prostitution?), she is single mother with 6 years old kid.(She is 23 now).
She may be a compulsive liar.

Not only have I been to "Girl's Bars", I've taken my wife to one. If a "Girl's Bar" is "prostitution", then Hooters is "prostitution". For that matter, I've taken my wife to a kyabakura. Those don't even meet an American definition of prostitution (monetary compensation for sexual acts), much less a Japanese legal definition (which very narrowly defines it as vaginal intercourse for money).

As to Takeda Anri, I can't speak to the veracity of her claims of Takeda lineage. I'm not sure what having a child at age 17 has to do with any claims on her character, though.
shin no sen
Izumi no Kami
Izumi no Kami
Veteran Member
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
A good viddy of kyabakura.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMm9G42Q73g
John
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ltdomer98 wrote:
...there are plenty of Americans who land in Tokyo and immediately head for the first McDonald's.

There are 1001 jokes that could be made here about Ugly Americans. But I'll refrain.

Subcribe to Blog FeedS-A Podcast homepage
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitsuno wrote:

There are 1001 jokes that could be made here about Ugly Americans. But I'll refrain.

That YOU could make? Hell, my whole purpose in the Army right now is to design an organization to conduct 2-4 day "cultural" exercises for units prior to deploying to a foreign country, the whole purpose of which is to teach SGT So-and-so how not to step on his crank and piss off his hosts in XYZ Asian country.
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shin no sen wrote:
A good viddy of kyabakura.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMm9G42Q73g
John

I find it interesting that the "typical Japanese guy" they ask about kyabakura who says "daisuki desu!!" is wearing an earpiece. He's a tout for a club, you idiots. Of course he's going to say they're great.

Personally, I find it exploitative--though not so much of the women, who everyone rushes to get all upset about. Sure, there is some exploitation, but it's the kyabajo who are getting PAID big money to sit and drink and talk. It's Japanese men who are getting exploited, being charged hundreds or thousands of dollars for the illusion that a pretty girl cares about them. In the end, both sides are "exploited", but only if they don't see what is going on. The ironic thing is that the biggest demographic for Host clubs is Kyabajo--they earn money through giving men their attention and talking with them, only to turn around and spend it in the same manner. You'd think they'd know better.

I've gone with work contacts for nijikai, to both kyabakura and girl's bars. I took my wife to a few so she could see what they were all about, and so she'd know she had nothing to worry about when I had to go. There's not much appeal to going by myself--as the gaijin in the video said, why pay money to talk to a girl? Just a totally different mindset.
narukagami
Inkeeper
Inkeeper
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ltdomer98 wrote:
That YOU could make? Hell, my whole purpose in the Army right now is to design an organization to conduct 2-4 day "cultural" exercises for units prior to deploying to a foreign country, the whole purpose of which is to teach SGT So-and-so how not to step on his crank and piss off his hosts in XYZ Asian country.
Just give them the two pieces of advice I give to study abroad students, ALTs, and anyone interested in vacationing in Japan:
1) You are not God's Gift to the country.
2) Don't rape the locals.
Just Kidding

Quote:
Personally, I find it exploitative--though not so much of the women, who everyone rushes to get all upset about. Sure, there is some exploitation, but it's the kyabajo who are getting PAID big money to sit and drink and talk. It's Japanese men who are getting exploited, being charged hundreds or thousands of dollars for the illusion that a pretty girl cares about them. In the end, both sides are "exploited", but only if they don't see what is going on.
A good friend of mine from my university days worked as a kyabajo during school. I remember we talked about the whole exploitation thing and she more or less said the same thing you did. She thought of it as her doing the exploiting. She made damn good money doing it, too.

She never went to Host bars, though (that I knew of), I didn't even know they were the biggest demographic. Like you said, you'd think they'd know better.

I've also gone to a couple of kyabakura with work contacts, and personally I found the places incredibly boring. The girls weren't even that cute at most of those bars to boot. Sad
"When the Portuguese first landed upon Japan’s shores in 1543, they stroked their handlebar mustaches and said, “You know, that whole honorable swordsman thing is working well for you, but what you really need is our brand of GUNshido.” They then shot the word “PORTUGAL” into the side of the Emperor’s palace." - Omri Petitte, PC Gamer.
shikisoku
Yamashiro no Kami
Yamashiro no Kami
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
She's arrested for shop lifting.
Quote:
自称「武田信玄の末裔」モデルを万引きで逮捕
東京・瑞穂町のホームセンターで万引きしたとして、警視庁は2014年2月6日、モデルの武田アンリこと鈴木千里容疑者(28)を窃盗の疑いで現行犯逮捕した。

鈴木容疑者は、「ジョイフル本田 瑞穂店」で、30代の女とともに数十万円相当のカーテンや雑貨などを盗もうとした疑いがもたれている。TBSの報道などによると、鈴木容疑者らは店員にその場で取り押さえられ、容疑を認めているという。

鈴木容疑者は「武田信玄の末裔」を名乗り、女性ファッション誌「小悪魔ageha」などに登場していたが、武田家家臣の末裔の団体「武田家旧温会」が「甲斐武田正当家出身の方にその様な方はいらっしゃいません」と否定していた。
http://topics.jp.msn.com/wadai/j-cast/article.aspx?articleid=3278711
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Entertainment All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: