Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Help with location in Nobunaga's Ambition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kinjiro
Vagrant
Vagrant
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject: Help with location in Nobunaga's Ambition Reply with quote
I was hoping someone could help me with the location of Mt Hiei, where Oda had burned a monk temple in 1570. I play Nobunaga's Ambition, and wish to create a character with the biography of being a monk in this temple, but unsure which fief would be the appropriate place for the temple to reside in. Below is a map of Rise to Power.

Now I am thinking that based on maps I have seen, Mt Hiei is to the left of the large lake (Lake Biwa?) in the center. That fief is controlled by Azai (the mon with 3 circles/dark green background), as you likely know but I also saw that the other 3 circle mon, I believe Asakura (where Rokkaku starts, just below Azai) was in the same province.

Would someone be able to tell me, or if able to draw a dot as to where the temple would have been on this map?

A thousand thanks in advance.
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mt. Hiei was located in the extreme west of Omi province (which as you note is held by the Azai in the Nobunaga no Yabou games, although they only held partial control of the province in real life), west of Lake Biwa and barely east of the border with Yamashiro province, northeast of Kyoto. Most of their holdings were in Yamashiro, although the temple proper is in Omi. Click here and it'll show you its exact location on a modern map. You'll probably need to hit 'refresh' on your browser to get the correct map. Basically, between the western tip of the lake in the center of your map (Lake Biwa) and the mon directly to its left.
Vagrant
Vagrant
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you very much. I had assumed that was the location but wanted to make sure before getting rid of an existing ruler and creating a few of the monks that seem to not be in the game.

Azai will certainly be a challenge as I will have to dissolve being a vassal of Asakura and they wont be pleased lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Entertainment All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: