Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Jet Li's Fearless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Martial Arts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niitsu kakunoshin
Gunshi
Gunshi
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Jet Li's Fearless Reply with quote
I finally got around to renting this movie. I know it's supposed to be Jet's second to last action movie with the last one being the J & J Project he's working on with Jackie Chan. I think "Fearless" was one of Jet's better movies. It wasn't as great and unique as "Hero" or as gritty and involving as "Unleashed" but as far as his "Kung Fu" movies go, it was pretty good. Yeah, he used wires a bit but that's his thing. I know the story is pretty much a prequal to "Chinese Connection" or "Fist of Legend" where the teacher dies at the hands of a Japanese fighter in a tournament due to posion. I thought Jet Li's portrayal of the Japanese fighter in that movie as well as his taking a Japanese bride in "Fist of Legend" a refreshing view of the story. In Bruce Lee's "Chinese Connection" he sort of made the Japanese out to be pretty bad which I understand the background behind but I think Jet's more down to earth realistic view on the story was cool. I also thought the fighting was entertaining enough even though it was unrealistic. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Ashigaru
Wakasa no Kami
Wakasa no Kami

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I thought it was a good movie (albeit very Confucian in terms of plot; it was more a parable than anything else), but Nakamura Shidou was really phoning his performance in.
Ichimoto
Peasant
Peasant
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes yes this film...very good has to be one of his best films hes made i mean the fights in this are amazing has a really good story line,characters and gets you going on some bits as well...yeh i agree that hero was a good and unique film to but i found fearless alot easier to follow than hero and unleasehd didnt really do anything for me still a good film but i dont really watch modern films like that...im looking forward to the project hes doing with Jackie that should be a very good film
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Martial Arts All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: