Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Blog Podcast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Oshirase
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Blog Podcast Reply with quote
I have the blog set up now to podcast the entries in mp3 format (read by a female robot that can't pronounce Japanese), so if anyone is too lazy to read, you can subscribe and listen with your favorite podcast grabber:

Sometime soon I hope to create an actual seperate podcast starring yours truly as the sammyrai version of Larry King interviewing various notable historians.

Last edited by kitsuno on Fri May 25, 2007 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Obenjo Kusanosuke
Kii no Kami
Kii no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great! Very Happy

Too bad you can't take live calls like on Larry King. I could just imagine the following taking place:

Kitsuno: "Go ahead caller, from Podunk, Iowa. You're on Kitsuno Live! Our special guest is Dr. Remus Swervemule, author of "Takeda Katsuyori: Renaissance Tactician or Misunderstood Love Child?" What is your question?

Caller: Hi this is Sammy. I wanna ask Dr. Swervemule who would win if Musashi was to take on a squad of Ming Cavalry!?

Kitsuno: ummmm, thanks Sammy, but I don't think that is an appropriate question, but you are free to write about it in our 2008 Samurai Fiction Contest...

Swervemule: ..Sorry Kitsuno for interrupting...Hullo Sammy from Podunk! Marvelous question. The answer all lies in the quality of the blades used by the combatants...

Kitsuno: Excuse me, Dr. Swervemule, but do you have any mints?

Swervemule: Why, yes, I do! Are Altoids acceptable? Why do you ask? Would you like one?

Kitsuno: Never mind...well, it's not really for me-- it's just that the X?$!@# that comes out of your mouth really smells like *%!)&#@! So I think you need a mint.

Swervemule: Oh, dear. I see...

Kitsuno: Okay, maybe we should take a new call. Go ahead, San Francisco! You are on Kitsuno Live!

New Caller: Yeah, this is lemon from sanfrancisco and i'm wondering if the dr would be so kind to give an opinunn about whether the shinsengumi as a fighting unit could have beatenthe takeda at nagashino using onyl thier swords?

Swervemule: Again, it depends on the quality of the blades being used by the combatants. You see, that Okita fellow was quite a marvelous swordsman and was brilliant in his tactics--

Kitsuno: ARGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Obenjo Kusanosuke on Wed May 09, 2007 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Speaking of podcasting - if anyone wants to be a Samurai Archives Correspondent and has good recording software, let me know. I already have the first one planned, and the second one I'm thinking about, but once a month would be cool.
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitsuno wrote:
Speaking of podcasting - if anyone wants to be a Samurai Archives Correspondent and has good recording software, let me know. I already have the first one planned, and the second one I'm thinking about, but once a month would be cool.

Is there a way to rig Skype or something to allow for a "call-in" show? I'd be all over that. That, or run a chatroom off of here, where "listeners" could send in comments/questions as you broadcast.

One of the football blogs I frequent started doing this each week, and they have hosts from different parts of the States. I could write and ask how they do it.

I'd love to give it a try, but not sure I want to be a S.A.C....
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ltdomer98 wrote:

Is there a way to rig Skype or something to allow for a "call-in" show? I'd be all over that. That, or run a chatroom off of here, where "listeners" could send in comments/questions as you broadcast.

One of the football blogs I frequent started doing this each week, and they have hosts from different parts of the States. I could write and ask how they do it.

I'd love to give it a try, but not sure I want to be a S.A.C....

I seriously doubt I'd ever do it live, that would take way too much effort. Mostly just interviews and talks with people - way easier and tractable. Which is why the SAC would work well - you or obenjo or ashigaru could do a "show" at a temple or sight - or better yet, when WT goes to Japan, Obenjo and WT could do a show from one of the sights. All it takes is a small tape recorder that you can later plug into a computer and convert to MP3 format. I'm going to get software and stuff eventualy to edit the sound files.

This is (obviously, but just clarifying) seperate from the blog. What's wrong with being a S.A.C.? Nagaeyari already has dibs on Samantha Bee - maybe you could be Colbert Laughing
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitsuno wrote:
This is (obviously, but just clarifying) seperate from the blog. What's wrong with being a S.A.C.? Nagaeyari already has dibs on Samantha Bee - maybe you could be Colbert Laughing

I think I'm perfect for the Colbert role. I just don't like the acronym. Rolling Eyes
maikeruart
Shushou
Shushou
Veteran Member
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitsuno wrote:

I have some decent software the only problem... and im not even joking I have a speaking tone simmilar to Ben Stein.
nagaeyari
Asuka no Kami
Asuka no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sweet idea. I tried out the voice on my blog. Do I really write like that? Just Kidding

I'm working with her on her horrible pronunciation as well Rolling Eyes
msr.iaidoka
Iaidouka
Iaidouka
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitsuno,

Do you have any recommendations for recording software? I would be glad to do some voice work.

Peace,

Matt
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
msr.iaidoka wrote:
kitsuno,

Do you have any recommendations for recording software? I would be glad to do some voice work.

No idea whatsoever.
nagaeyari
Asuka no Kami
Asuka no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I use Audacity, but I don't know too much about other software. It's a free download--which may be telling about the quality.
msr.iaidoka
Iaidouka
Iaidouka
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitsuno,

10-4.

nagaeyari,

True enough. I shall see what I can find.

Peace,

Matt
Dash101
Fukusho
Fukusho
Veteran Member
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor
Sonnooh Yeah!
Sonnooh Yeah!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I could be a corespondent. I've actually done quite a few podcasts for Japanese news and one on history (see below in signature).

I work in film so my home is fairly decked out in appropriate gear.

In my professional life, I've been looking at producing a show called Samurai - Warrior Legends. The research material here I think would lend its self well to a series of podcasts.

I'll re-do the Sakamoto Ryoma podcast as well. I had to keep it very short, and was only allowed to keep it very basic. There is so much more that (imo) needs to be added.

But yes, please keep posted. If you need a correspondent I'd be very happy to do it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Oshirase All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: