Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Musou Orochi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Musou Orochi Reply with quote
For those who are interested in Japanese gaming, Musou Orochi for the Japanese PS2 is out. It's from Koei and combines two of their biggest franchises-Shin-Sangoku Musou and Sengoku Musou (Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors in the US). This time they throw whatever pretense they usually have regarding actual history to the wind and have a wild Grade-B movie storyline. Evil creatures from Japanese mythology have invaded Japan and China across time and space, opening up a time vortex that gives the perfect excuse to have the 'Romance Of The Three Kingdoms' characters and the heroes of the Sengoku team up. It's a mess, but a glorious, entertaining mess. At least 77 playable characters, dozens of levels, and a few new twists to the game system (like being able to cycle through 3 different characters while playing a level). One thing about the game is that it is much, much harder than previous entries in other series. This is the final 'musou' game for PS2-all future entries will be on PS3.
msr.iaidoka
Iaidouka
Iaidouka
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tatsunoshi,

Now, if they bring that to the US Playstation, I would probably get that. Totally pointless hack-n-slash. Smile

平和、

マット
niitsu kakunoshin
Gunshi
Gunshi
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Man, another reason to get a Japanese system. I've just going to have to suck it up and blow some money on one sooner or later or I run the risk of accidentally dying somehow with a major regret. Shocked
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
msr.iaidoka wrote:
Tatsunoshi,

Now, if they bring that to the US Playstation, I would probably get that. Totally pointless hack-n-slash. Smile

平和、

マット

You can count on it coming here. It reminds me of those old DC/Marvel mega-event crossovers of years past.
niitsu kakunoshin
Gunshi
Gunshi
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tatsunoshi wrote:
You can count on it coming here.

Excellent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Entertainment All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: