Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Risuke Otake sensei

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Martial Arts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1337_samurai
Rice Farmer
Rice Farmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Risuke Otake sensei Reply with quote
Who is this guy? And has anyone here seen or heard of him?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Risuke Otake sensei Reply with quote
1337_samurai wrote:
Who is this guy? And has anyone here seen or heard of him?

Here you go:

http://tinyurl.com/bgns5p

There is a little multi-media presentation along with the info on him that should help you with what you're looking for.

Subcribe to Blog FeedS-A Podcast homepage
rikoseishin
Shushou
Shushou
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well seeing as I have not posted in awhile and I need to get back in the swing of things, I will give you a bit of info. But before I go any further, GOOGLE WAS INVENTED FOR A REASON!

Otake Risuke is the current Shihan of Tenshinsho Den Katori Shinto ryu (天真正伝香取神道流), well technically his oldest son Nobutoshi succeeded him this year. This is one of the two oldest extant ryu around. And Otake shihan is considered to be one of the greatest practitioners of koryu bujutsu alive today. He is the author of the two most insightful books about TSKSR available to the English speaking world, or maybe I should say the non-Japanese speaking world. There have been several articles published about him, and TSKSR. Also there is a wealth of video footage featuring Otake shihan doing various kata from TSKSR.

Now seeing as how I do not think this can be repeated enough, before you ask an asinine question do some research. Now grated some things are hard to find. But you asked a question that could offend those people who train in TSKSR, since there is enough info out there on this subject to keep you occupied for days. Just remember before you ask something find all you can about it. And word your question to show that you have some understanding of the topic. This way you will learn more, and people want just overlook your question because you asked such a broad and uninformed question that they don't feel like wasting their time.

Jonah Matheson
1337_samurai
Rice Farmer
Rice Farmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok sorry.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
1337_samurai
Rice Farmer
Rice Farmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any way so i want to know how many people here met him or would like to meet him?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Martial Arts All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: