Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Tenchijin: Naoe Kanetsugu Exhibition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Art and Religion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Obenjo Kusanosuke
Kii no Kami
Kii no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Tenchijin: Naoe Kanetsugu Exhibition Reply with quote

I should have posted about this a couple of weeks ago, but I was incredibly busy and then I just got back from a much needed vacation. Anyway, today is the last day of this wonderful exhibit. I can't speak highly enough of the items that were on display and how they were displayed.

Kanetsugu lived in a pivotal time of Japanese history, as the transition was made from war to peace. As a senior advisor to Uesugi Kagekatsu, Kanetsugu helped to ensure that the Uesugi clan would survive these tricky times. On display were items belonging to or associated with many of the key historical players that Kanetsugu interacted with, including Uesugi Kenshin, Kagekatsu and Kagetora, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, Hidetsugu, Ishida Mitsunari, Tokugawa Ieyasu and others. The collection of letters, scrolls, swords, sword fittings, armor, ceramics, kimono, paintings, screens and many other treasures.

If anyone has a true interest in Naoe Kanetsugu and has about US$25 to spare for the catalog, which is also tastefully put together, it is well worth it.

Here is the link to the Naoe Kanetsugu Exihibition's website at the Suntory Museum of Art in Tokyo.

Heee heee! Shita iro! Shita iro! Here comes his lordship, Baka Tono!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rekishinotabi
owari no utsuke
Shima no Kami
Shima no Kami
Veteran Member
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another book to add to my ever growing library.

http://www.otsuke.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Art and Religion All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: