Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Accurate Information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // The Bakumatsu to Meiji
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronin Izumi
Peasant
Peasant
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Accurate Information Reply with quote
I'm trying to find a source (Books, web sites?) of acurate information about the Bakumatsu in general, but I want to avoid the following:

"Why Kenshin is wrong" sites: My reason: Its a cartoon, get over it! Did i like that show? Yes, but that's not the issue. These sites rant about historical mistakes without actually telling the correct information, or worse continue to compare the events to the show throughout their article. I'm not looking for anime info, I just want facts.

"The Shinsengumi are my Heros and no acurate historical information is going to make me think ohterwise!" sites: My Reason: I find the Shinsengumi to be a very interesting group, but these sites get more caught up in the romantic hype than in the facts and tend to assume you already know all there is to know.

With that said, any help would be greatly appriciated.
Wave Tossed
Tsushima no Kami
Tsushima no Kami
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Check out Romulus Hillsborough's book SAKAMOTO RYOMA: A RENASSANCE SAMURAI. Fascinating book about probably the most fascinating personage of the Bakumatsu period.
Ronin Izumi
Peasant
Peasant
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey thanks Very Happy Actually, I've been particularly interested in Sakamoto Ryoma since I reaad a short article about his beliefs and his escape from an inn.
rikoseishin
Shushou
Shushou
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There's always Wikipedia Just Kidding........( jumps behide sofa and hopes no one saw)

Jonah Matheson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // The Bakumatsu to Meiji All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: