Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Electronic dictionary/translator
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Language
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
nagaeyari wrote:
Apparently, keep your stylus on the touch screen and there should not be a premature entry.

Does that work?

I'll have to give it a try!

nagaeyari wrote:
BTW, this dictionary here looks amazing. I don't have that much money though Smile

Yes, it sure does. I think it's even cheaper than what Ayame paid for my Canon V-90. The USB port would be nice and it sounds like the stylus entry is better than the V90's.

EDIT:Oops, check that-the V-90 was Y32,000 when she bought it.
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
nagaeyari wrote:
Apparently, keep your stylus on the touch screen and there should not be a premature entry.

Does that work?

Thanks for the tip, Nagaeyari-this indeed does the trick. So simple, I could kick myself in the butt for not having thought of it before. This takes care of the only real issue I had with the V90.
nagaeyari
Asuka no Kami
Asuka no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Awesome! Glad it works.
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
With a bit of necromancy I brought this thread back from the dead to mention that I just received the Casio EX-Word Dataplus 5 XD-A6600 - and it is awesome! I don't even know how many dictionaries it has, but it includes the Kojien, Two Japanese history dictionaries, a medical dictionary, a biographical dictionary, a world history dictionary, and kanji dictionaries galore, as well as a ton of functions that I have absolutely no idea how to use yet (like the mysterious SD slot and USB port...) And of course touch screen, and writing input, which is extremely helpful. I have no idea where the particular dictionary stands vs. your dictionaries, but I'm extremely happy with it.
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've just discovered a full color "visual dictionary of Japanese food", an electronic book that deals with how to clean your house room by room, and household items (I have no idea WHY), a Japanese cookbook, a dictionary of words and phrases most misused by average Japanese people, and another history dictionary, as well as about 10 or 20 other things I haven't looked into yet. Pretty interesting stuff, although I doubt I'll have a use for much of the extras. There's even a poetry and kabuki dictionary that started suddenly chanting at me when I clicked on one of the poetry lines. Neat-o.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Language All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: