Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Electronic Dictionary Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Language
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Electronic Dictionary Thread Reply with quote
Here is the thread dedicated to electronic dictionaries. I'd like to know what the best electronic dictionaries there are out there. I have a junky Cannon IDF-3000, which I highly don't recommend. It's the most basic no-frills electronic dictionary, and seems to be lacking in the Jukugo department. What's more, when you search a kanji and look for jukugo, it only gives you jukugo that starts with the kanji you are looking for, not when it is the second kanji in the jukugo. And, of course, there is no way to search by writing.

What's the best? What do you have?

Subcribe to Blog FeedS-A Podcast homepage
Obenjo Kusanosuke
Kii no Kami
Kii no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I posted this last week in another thread. Here it is again.

I love my wordtank V903 with Japanese, Chinese, English, voice examples and MP3. I can write kanji on the screen for searches as well when using kanjigen.

The Chinese comes in handy- both with the traditional and simplified features-- both for business and when I've researched a few terms on topics related to the Imjin War. The Chinese would probably also help with trying to understand older kanbun.

Only drawbacks: I prefer Kojien to the pre-loaded Super Daijirin on this model, but it isn't so bad. I'm just used to Kojien. The other minor drawback is that it is in monochrome and not in color like some of the others from Sharp, which also offers more multimedia features- but that's what I have a smart phone for.

Heee heee! Shita iro! Shita iro! Here comes his lordship, Baka Tono!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rekishinotabi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Language All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: