Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Seeking Research Assistant!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Literature Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Owarikenshi
Sandal Bearer
Sandal Bearer
Veteran Member
2010 Benefactor
2010 Benefactor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Seeking Research Assistant! Reply with quote
I'm looking to find a fluent Japanese / English reader who would like to make a little money doing a "book report." This is nothing so involved as an actual translation; rather, reading one or more biographies in Japanese and writing a brief synopsis of each chapter in English so I don't stray off course in plotting my historical novel.

The project is a professional effort, not fanfic, involving several lesser-known historical persons from the Bakumatsu/Meiji eras. Having exhausted the very few source materials that exist in English, and found them sketchy, I need a way to at least minimally access the far more extensive Japanese-language sources without it taking 10 years of my life learning kanji. (And yes, I know that's lame).

If you are interested, please PM me; this is a PAYING JOB, negotiable depending on how "into it" you're willing to get. When/if published, you will be acknowledged as Research Assistant.

Takers?

Owarikenshi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Japanese Literature Forum All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: