Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Is Japanese=Jewish theory spreading??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Ancient Japan to Heian
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shikisoku
Yamashiro no Kami
Yamashiro no Kami
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Is Japanese=Jewish theory spreading?? Reply with quote
I found numerous English sources for the theory.
I can't believe even some Western people(christian) believe it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HF2FkRE-PU
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Japanese=Jewish theory spreading?? Reply with quote
shikisoku wrote:
I found numerous English sources for the theory.
I can't believe even some Western people(christian) believe it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HF2FkRE-PU

The first time I heard this theory was in 1994 in college, but the person who told me about it didn't take it seriously.
lordameth
Awa no Kami
Awa no Kami
Veteran Member
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
lol. I love it.

紫水晶殿 - The Amethyst Lord
Bethetsu
Oki no Kami
Oki no Kami
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't know how long ago, but long before 1994, I came across mention that some people thought that the Japanese were one of the supposed "10 lost tribes of Israel." I have the the impression that it was a Meiji-period idea, but it certainly was only a fringe idea even then.
Hosokawa Gracia
Ronin
Ronin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've sometimes heard mention of the "lost tribe of the Jews" in Japan from time to time.

The book, The Japanese and Jews, which compares many similarities between these two cultures, was published in 1982. It was found out that the author, "Isaiah BenDasan" was actually a well-known Japanese journalist. I vaguely remember reading the English version. I think much of the comparison included modern times, but do not recall if the the myth of the "lost tribe' was mentioned.

On the other hand, books on Jewish world wide power and economic conspiracies
do have a following in Japan, probably among the far-right.

Carmen
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
A completely subjective and not really useful observation - I see Japanese woman and Jewish women who from the chin to the nose have the same features, although outside that the comparison fails, and have known a few Japanese who have been mistaken for middle eastern women. Only women, though, for whatever reason.
lordameth
Awa no Kami
Awa no Kami
Veteran Member
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I read a book once, blanking on what it's called right now, but it's one of the more common/popular ones, citing all kinds of scattered anecdotal sort of evidence for connections between the two cultures.

Omikoshi resemble the Ark of the Covenant. Phrases chanted in matsuri and ritual dances which have no obvious meaning in Japanese are alleged to have meaning in Hebrew (though I don't buy it - the sounds are really too dissimilar) ...

Similarities between the Holy of Holies (the central, most sacred part of The Temple in Jerusalem, where only the High Priest could enter) and Ise Shrine or other shrines where there is a central-most area where only the Emperor or High Priests can enter. Similarities, supposedly, between the way priests ritually "patrol" the grounds of Ise and of the Holy Temple 2000 years ago - supposedly in both cases, the same X number of priests patrol the shrine/temple clockwise, changing shifts in Y pattern.

Lots of scattered coincidences or alleged similarities & connections like that.

Also, allegations about the Hata tribe being one of the Lost Tribes. After all, they were known for being really good with money, and, they were associated with a symbol that resembles (coincidentally) the Star of David.

For the most part, the overall argument does not come together at all. Not argued well at all. But, individual points, if true, are certainly intriguing. Even if it is just pure coincidence that Ise and the Holy Temple should have the same exact procedures for ritual patrols, it's a pretty amazing coincidence.

That's my take. If/when I come across that book again, I'll have to try to remember to come back to this thread and share the title & author...

紫水晶殿 - The Amethyst Lord
Elwe
Village Councilman
Village Councilman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The theory that various Japanese clans had been one of the "lost tribes" is complete speculation and can not be substantiated with sources, even being ruled out by DNA evidence. They have found no proof of Middle-Eastern Y-Chromosome within the Japanese population.

As for the Hata tribe (秦氏), they are mentioned in the Nihonshoki as an immigrant clan coming from the Korean Peninsula, namely from the kingdom of Baekje. They came with a prince, Yuzuki no Kimi (弓月君) during the reign of Emperor Ojin. They were said to have originally come from China and were descendants of the first Emperor, Qin Shi Huang. The character used for their name "秦" is in Chinese read as Qin, the surname of Shi Huang.

Elwe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
lordameth
Awa no Kami
Awa no Kami
Veteran Member
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yup. Doesn't stop conspiracy theorists from their theorizing, though.

紫水晶殿 - The Amethyst Lord
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Ancient Japan to Heian All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: