Register :: Log in :: Profile   

The Tokugawa Chronicles and a Nobunaga Film/subbed as well

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // The Samurai Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wicked iemon
The Lemon King
The Lemon King
Iga no Kami
Iga no Kami
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: The Tokugawa Chronicles and a Nobunaga Film/subbed as well Reply with quote
I had never even heard of this drama lets alone seen it until about an hour ago .
Still 1986 it seems there was a TV Drama starring Kinja Kitaoji and Tetsuro Tanba known as the Tokugawa Chronicles which seems to deal with animosity and competition between the three Branches of The Tokugawa Family ...
86 through 2000 were really the boom years for jidai geki dramas so anything made in that time period id snatch up and the price is cheap as well .

The other item of great interest to us all is finally Katen No Shiro the 09 film about the construction of the Magnificent Azuchi Momoyama Castle has been subbed at last .
I have seen the JP Language version and think this film is really good .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0IumCnCIBo

I heard that the vendor Ichiban had spoken with Tats and said its ok to post these and lets face it none of these will ever see the light of day in this country, anyway here is the link
http://www.samuraidvd.com/servlet/the-ICHIBAN-SPECIALS/Categories
owari no utsuke
Shima no Kami
Shima no Kami
Veteran Member
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Katen no shiro is okay. The movie is based on Yamamoto Kenichi. I would like to see his other novel about Nobunaga's gun instructor Hashimoto Ippa made into a movie as well (Raijin no tsutsu). Thanks for the updates Lemon.

http://www.otsuke.blogspot.com
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tokugawa Chronicles is great, especially for anyone who's a fan of the 'Abarenbo Shogun' series. This is almost like 'Abarenbo Shogun-the Early Years' since the main character is the future 'wise Shogun Yoshimune' during the Tsunayoshi years. Yanagisawa Yoshiyasu is the prime bad guy so far and they've predictably brought in that evil old Lord Kira of 47 Ronin infamy as his partner in crime. It's a nice mix of historical drama and chanbara.

Katen No Shiro is a great film for anyone interested in Japanese castles and their construction. Some striking scenes with Nobunaga's army as well, outfitted largely in blood red. Gorgeous to look at and anything Nishida Toshiyuki (Tokugawa Hidetada in 'Tokugawa Aoi') is in is always worth watching. An absolutely show-stopping sequence involving a giant stone as well. The only real complaint I have with the film is the rather abrupt ending despite it being over two hours long. The main thing I came away with is what a pain in the ass it would have been to work for Nobunaga.
The Lemon King
The Lemon King
Iga no Kami
Iga no Kami
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: The Tokugawa Chronicles and a Nobunaga Film/subbed as well Reply with quote
Thanks Tats
I had no clue about Tokugawa Chronicles now i do ,it does look interesting and the cast is good .

I really enjoyed Katen No Shiro in its un subbed format and was pleased to see it has finally been subbed ,some of the cinematography is amazing .

Speaking of the young Yoshimune im pretty sure Ichi will do Edo Jo Tairan another of those all star Toei blockbusters about the young Uncle Tsunayoshi .like the Yagyu Conspiracy based on a very minor incident and magnified ten times over ,this time around a group of evil councilors want to prevent Tsunayoshi rising to the Shogunal seat and replace him with a relative of the Emperor leading to all out war in Edo Castle .Anyone who likes the Yagyu Conspiracy will enjoy this although a mostly fictional story it has that docudrama feel to it. With lots of plots and counter plots and of course great fighting and action scenes .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // The Samurai Film All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: