Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Start of Yui Japan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // The Edo Period
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaak
Rice Farmer
Rice Farmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Start of Yui Japan Reply with quote
What was the D-day for Yui Japan?

Yui was away from Edo preparing a simultaneous attack on Sumpu Castle. I understand other simultaneous attacks were prepared for Osaka and Kyoto.

As of the D-day, under the sankin kotai system, which important daimyo were scheduled to be in attendance in burning Edo, and which ones were away in their domains?

What were the plans for the person of the 10 years old shogun Ietsuna if taken alive? Executed or held captive?

What was going to be the office declared for Yui Shosetsu after coming to power?
lordameth
Awa no Kami
Awa no Kami
Veteran Member
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds like a thesis project to me. I doubt that that much research has been done on this... Could be really interesting. Go for it! Good luck!

紫水晶殿 - The Amethyst Lord
Dr. T
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Start of Yui Japan Reply with quote
Jaak wrote:
What was the D-day for Yui Japan?

Yui was away from Edo preparing a simultaneous attack on Sumpu Castle. I understand other simultaneous attacks were prepared for Osaka and Kyoto.

As of the D-day, under the sankin kotai system, which important daimyo were scheduled to be in attendance in burning Edo, and which ones were away in their domains?

What were the plans for the person of the 10 years old shogun Ietsuna if taken alive? Executed or held captive?

What was going to be the office declared for Yui Shosetsu after coming to power?

Splendid! I think it is absolutely fabulous to see somebody interested in this dyer from a sleepy Tokaido post station who wanted to be a real samurai. I am thinking of writing a new book on the topic that will delve into the same questions as you-- as soon as I can find some information on it, or as soon as I can find a research assistant to translate some Japanese books for me. I do have a working title, though, that I am most pleased to share with you. The book shall be called:

The Dyer Who Would be Shogun: Yui
And here are the tentative titles to the chapters.
Chapter 1 will be entitled: Yui wanna be Sammyrai?
Chapter 2: It's all about the strategy, stupid!
Chapter 3: It's all about the execution of the Strategy, stupid!
Chapter 4: Loose lips sink ships (secrets can't be kept)
Chapter 5: This is the end, said the Lizard King
Conclusion: Yui was a minor blip in the Edo Period, not unlike a pimple on the tush of wise shogun Yoshimune.

Ta!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // The Edo Period All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: