Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Eureka Masters of Cinema Series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // The Samurai Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HarryJJ
Inkeeper
Inkeeper
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Eureka Masters of Cinema Series Reply with quote
Just a heads up for anyone who is based in the UK (like myself) Eureka do a selection of chanbara and jidaigeki.

The first three titles are in a dual format that includes both Blu-ray and dvd versions alongside a new and improved English subtitle translation as well as a host of special features.

Harakiri (1962), Ugetsu Monogatari (1953) and Sanshō Dayū (1954)

The rest are in standard dvd format but still contain updated translations and a host of special features, titles include:

Humanity and Paper Balloons (1937), Chikamatsu Monogatari (1954), Assassination (1964), Onibaba (1964), Kwaidan (1965), Kuroneko (1968) and Silence (1971).

I'd also like to point out that every single one of these releases comes with lavishly illustrated booklets that contain diaries, essays and interviews amongst other things.
HarryJJ
Inkeeper
Inkeeper
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another thing I noticed was that their Kwaidan is the complete 183-minute version and that there is also standard versions of Sanshō Dayū and Ugetsu Monogatari that come with bigger booklets and possibly different special features, think they are part of the Kenji Mizoguchi directors collection or as a twin pack.
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmmmmm....I might have to get that full version of Kwaidan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // The Samurai Film All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: