Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Exhibition 'Samurai' in Rotterdam (the Netherlands)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Arms and Armor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sukeroku
Vagrant
Vagrant
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Exhibition 'Samurai' in Rotterdam (the Netherlands) Reply with quote
Hello, I'm new here, I'm ignorant and I hope to learn a lot here.
For those who happen to be in the Netherlands this winter: Until march 24th, you can visit the exhibition 'Samurai'at the Wereldmuseum in Rotterdam. www.wereldmuseum.nl

Subject of the exhibition is not so much martial history, but it mainly focuses on the influence the warrior class had on Japanese culture. It shows over 300 items, mostly from late Momoyama and Edo period, including armour, kabuto and weapons. The exhibition is brought together with loans from a.o. the Stibbert Museum (Italy) the Royal Museum of Art and History (Belgium) and the private collection of the Dutch Royal family. There's a quite large selection of sashimono and nobori from Kitamura Yoshichika's collection as well. Another section of the exhibition is dedicated to 'samurai-related' culture, like Nô theater, and Zen.
The exhibition is accompanied by a beautifully executed, yet very affordable catalogue.
goldendragon
Village Councilman
Village Councilman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, can you please check your private messages and/or send me an e-mail via my website www.samoerai.name
I live in Belgium and I think we have mutual interests....
Looking forward to your mail.
Kind regards
Danny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Arms and Armor All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: