Register :: Log in :: Profile   

book and dvd recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Samurai History - Kamakura to Sengoku
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maikeruart
Shushou
Shushou
Veteran Member
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The class looks like it has enough students to go. I am pumped as there is no class like it in the city. I settled on Japan Emerging and Japan to 1600 by Farris. I also have portions of War and Statebuilding I want to use. For videos I have Gates of Hell in my Heian section (Tony would be proud as it is a 2 week section.)I also have Throne of Blood as a look at War and society.I am debating on showing there PBS doc secrets of an empire as I have open slots in the post Heian period.
maikeruart
Shushou
Shushou
Veteran Member
2009 Benefactor
2009 Benefactor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just letting you know that finals just ended. My History of Japan class was successful, that's 25 more students who do not buy into the mythological crap. I thought it went very well, we covered a lot of ground,a nd used some very good sources, one student even evaluated the Kami myths in the Nihon Shoki and Kojiki. So for next semester I am planning a history of Japan 1600 to Now, so I have 30 days of prepwork to start.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Samurai History - Kamakura to Sengoku All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: