Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Renagade Ninja's aka Death Of A Shogun .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // The Samurai Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wicked iemon
The Lemon King
The Lemon King
Iga no Kami
Iga no Kami
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Renagade Ninja's aka Death Of A Shogun . Reply with quote
I have only seen this in the cut and dubbed format ,and i remember the scene where Yukimura cuts off Ieyasu's head ,but it has been subbed and released in its uncut format at last as The Strategies Of Sanada Yukimura .

This was one of those big budget Toei films with every jidai actor they could get ,like Yagyu Conspiracy ,light on history but big on drama and battles .

Couple of other items i found interesting East Meets West which was everything Shanghai Noon was not .
17 Ninja's II, similar concept to the original 13 Assassins plus 4 and with Ninja's .

And Fangs Of Darkness ,Wakayama was probably the most skilled sword slinger of the golden generation of Jidai actors , this was another noble attempt to find life outside Itto Ogami .

Scabbard Samurai was very popular on this site a couple of years back ,great little film ,i finally saw it and was really surprised .

Would like to see Floating Castle ,Kiyosu Conference ,Rikyu and Unforgiven subbed ,thanks to that turkey known as 47 Ronin none of these or any Japanese film will see the light of day outside Japan for years to come .

http://www.kurotokagi.com/
narukagami
Inkeeper
Inkeeper
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: Renagade Ninja's aka Death Of A Shogun . Reply with quote
wicked iemon wrote:
thanks to that turkey known as 47 Ronin none of these or any Japanese film will see the light of day outside Japan for years to come .
This is exactly what I was afraid of. Hollywood saw that their version of 47 Ronin was a total flop, so instead of realizing their failure, they instead convince themselves that American/Western audiences just don't want Japanese/Samurai movies.
"When the Portuguese first landed upon Japan’s shores in 1543, they stroked their handlebar mustaches and said, “You know, that whole honorable swordsman thing is working well for you, but what you really need is our brand of GUNshido.” They then shot the word “PORTUGAL” into the side of the Emperor’s palace." - Omri Petitte, PC Gamer.
Graculus
Rice Farmer
Rice Farmer
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Amazingly, Unforgiven has opened here in the UK and received good reviews over the past week.

Fingers crossed, I might actually get to see it.
owari no utsuke
Shima no Kami
Shima no Kami
Veteran Member
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I saw the Unforgiven in December on my way home from Japan. It is very good and the climax was awesome. You can thank Hollywood and Reeves for screwing things up.

http://www.otsuke.blogspot.com
Hiryuken
Peasant
Peasant
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Great new stuff from kurotokagi.com!

I immediately ordered Seventeen Ninja 2 as I have been waiting to see that for ages.

Very curious about The Strategies of Sanada Yukimura. For those that have seen it, is it excellent?
wicked iemon
The Lemon King
The Lemon King
Iga no Kami
Iga no Kami
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: Sanada Yukimura . Reply with quote
It is really good in a Yagyu Conspiracy type of film ,it throws history out of the window but is still highly entertaining .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // The Samurai Film All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: