Register :: Log in :: Profile   

Is there... such a thing as male concubines?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Ancient Japan to Heian
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hashiba_hideyoshi
Village Councilman
Village Councilman
Member for 4 years

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Is there... such a thing as male concubines? Reply with quote
I put this in Heian because I came across the thing while looking for Heian men hairstyles. I thought it might have something to do with the Heian.

If it's wrong, then please move in the proper place?

It was this jumbled up post that looked like it was Google-translated from a different language. It mentioned something about male concubines and "chodo"? I tried looking it up but the only thing I could find is references to Chinese male concubines and some picture on deviantart with no citations of information.
JLBadgley
Tsushima no Kami
Tsushima no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think there needs to be some more information than just that. What were you investigating and what was the article supposed to be about?

-Josh
hashiba_hideyoshi
Village Councilman
Village Councilman
Member for 4 years

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
The article isn't important. It's something completely random and useless, but it got me curious.

I'm now trying to find out whether or not there is such a thing as male concubines in Japan, Heian or any other era. And if they did exist, is it correct that "chodo" is the term for it? Because just Googling got me nowhere.

I saw someone mention that chodo is a male concubine in feudal Japan, but it was on some picture in Deviantart with no reference as to where he/she got the word from. I would link to it, but I can't find the picture again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // Ancient Japan to Heian All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: