Register :: Log in :: Profile   

NHK Taiga Drama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // The Samurai Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngusH
Castle Guard
Castle Guard
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been downloading Komyo ga tsuji and though I'm only up to episode 5 it's great so far.
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
AngusH wrote:
I've been downloading Komyo ga tsuji and though I'm only up to episode 5 it's great so far.

Where are you getting it from? a torrent site?
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shikisoku wrote:
Yes I watched.
I saw Onou's sword fighting first time. Very Happy

Oh, No! Another 'history' that places her at Honno-ji...
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shikisoku wrote:
Yes I watched.

Tatsunoshi wrote:

Oh, No!

Should we pardon the pun? Laughing

Last edited by kitsuno on Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tatsunoshi wrote:
shikisoku wrote:
Yes I watched.

Oh, No! Another 'history' that places her at Honno-ji...

Yeah--I was fairly certain that she wasn't there...but whatever. It's fiction, after all, not a documentary.
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How about Yasuke and Hayes? Did they show up?

In fact, "Yasuke and Hayes" would make an awesome 1970's sengoku cop-show drama title - the spear slingin' Yasuke "Who's the man with the long spear-stick who's a sex machine with all the chicks? Yasuke! Ya damn right! Who's the man who would risk his neck for his Tono? Yasuke! Can you dig it?" And the Ninja magic bustin Hayes "They say this cat Stephen Hayes is a bad ninja mother- shut your mouth - I'm talking bout Hayes! Then we can dig it!" Yasuke with his afro and Hayes with his bad 70's haircut and handlebar moustache would hunt down criminals for the shogun pimped out in velvet kimonos and platform geta.

I have no idea why I thought of that, but ROTFLMAO
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm an NCAA 2006 football PS2 fanatic, and I've created my own team based in Hawaii, the "Chuunichi Dragons". Every player I recruit I rename as someone from Japanese history. Yasuke is currently my punter. Mori Ranmaru was my kicker, but he graduated, and now its Francis Xavier (for those that don't follow American football, a large percentage of kickers come from foreign countries, probably because they couldn't hack it at soccer).

Will Adams is a 4th string defensive lineman. But on the plus side, Oda Nobunaga graduated as an All-American cornerback/wide-receiver, and Takeda Shingen and Yamamoto Kansuke make a badass pair of linebackers.
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have Madden 2006 on the way to me, that's a good idea... Idea
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Yasuke & Hayes Reply with quote
kitsuno wrote:
How about Yasuke and Hayes? Did they show up?

In fact, "Yasuke and Hayes" would make an awesome 1970's sengoku cop-show drama title - the spear slingin' Yasuke "Who's the man with the long spear-stick who's a sex machine with all the chicks? Yasuke! Ya damn right! Who's the man who would risk his neck for his Tono? Yasuke! Can you dig it?" And the Ninja magic bustin Hayes "They say this cat Stephen Hayes is a bad ninja mother- shut your mouth - I'm talking bout Hayes! Then we can dig it!" Yasuke with his afro and Hayes with his bad 70's haircut and handlebar moustache would hunt down criminals for the shogun pimped out in velvet kimonos and platform geta.

I have no idea why I thought of that, but ROTFLMAO

I'd watch it! And since Hayes' current look resembles that of a drunken Chinese Master from a 70's Shaw Bros film, it fits into the time period nicely. We'd have to get Rudy Ray Moore to be Yasuke.
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: MLB 2K6 Reply with quote
ltdomer98 wrote:
I'm an NCAA 2006 football PS2 fanatic, and I've created my own team based in Hawaii, the "Chuunichi Dragons". Every player I recruit I rename as someone from Japanese history. Yasuke is currently my punter. Mori Ranmaru was my kicker, but he graduated, and now its Francis Xavier (for those that don't follow American football, a large percentage of kickers come from foreign countries, probably because they couldn't hack it at soccer).

Will Adams is a 4th string defensive lineman. But on the plus side, Oda Nobunaga graduated as an All-American cornerback/wide-receiver, and Takeda Shingen and Yamamoto Kansuke make a badass pair of linebackers.

I did pretty much the same thing with PS2 MLB 2K6. The Kyoto Reds have Shingen as my catcher, Kenshin the fireballing ace, Date Masamune as the brash young reliever, Honda Tadakatsu as the slugging LF, Hideyoshi as the scrappy base stealing shortstop, Imagawa Yoshimoto as the washed up living on his rep utility guy, Nobunaga as the flashy center fielder, etc. Of course the real stars are historical members of the Chiba clan (and myself...it's eerie how using create a player can come up with something that actually looks like me). I'll have to add Yasuke now!
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitsuno wrote:
I have Madden 2006 on the way to me, that's a good idea... Idea

Madden 2007 should be out in 2 months, why not wait for that? Unless you don't care about updated rosters, in which case 2006 should be much cheaper.
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB 2K6 Reply with quote
Tatsunoshi wrote:
I did pretty much the same thing with PS2 MLB 2K6. The Kyoto Reds have Shingen as my catcher, Kenshin the fireballing ace, Date Masamune as the brash young reliever, Honda Tadakatsu as the slugging LF, Hideyoshi as the scrappy base stealing shortstop, Imagawa Yoshimoto as the washed up living on his rep utility guy, Nobunaga as the flashy center fielder, etc. Of course the real stars are historical members of the Chiba clan (and myself...it's eerie how using create a player can come up with something that actually looks like me). I'll have to add Yasuke now!

Yeah, it's fun, huh? Hashiba Hideyoshi and Oda Nobunaga made a sick tandem at cornerback--and Oda Nobunaga set an NCAA record for number of punt return TD's. They've both graduated, but Shibata Katsuie and Yagyuu Jubei are filling in nicely. Honda Tadakatsu was a free safety, but Hosokawa Katsumoto fills that slot now. Musashibo Benkei makes a KICKASS right tackle (O line) and as I said the Takeda clan just seems to breed linebackers--Shingen and Kansuke are complete badasses on the inside, and Naito Masatoyo and Hara Masatane get lots of sacks on the outside. Uesugi Kenshin is my QB for the moment, but he's getting pushed hard by Wada Koremasa. Uesugi runs the option better, but Wada is a better passer. My Heisman trophy candidate RB is Tsukuhara Bokuden, with Kamiizumi Nobutsuna as his backup. A few seasons ago Ise Shinkuro won the Heisman from that position. My current receiver studs are Hojo Ujiyasu, Shimazu Iehisa, Kiso Yoshinaka, and Horii Hidemasa.

Though to be honest, I'm starting to run out of names--I'll have to have the Samurai Sourcebook at my side when I recruit next season.
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB 2K6 Reply with quote
ltdomer98 wrote:
Tatsunoshi wrote:

Yeah, it's fun, huh? Hashiba Hideyoshi and Oda Nobunaga made a sick tandem at cornerback--and Oda Nobunaga set an NCAA record for number of punt return TD's. They've both graduated, but Shibata Katsuie and Yagyuu Jubei are filling in nicely. Honda Tadakatsu was a free safety, but Hosokawa Katsumoto fills that slot now. Musashibo Benkei makes a KICKASS right tackle (O line) and as I said the Takeda clan just seems to breed linebackers--Shingen and Kansuke are complete badasses on the inside, and Naito Masatoyo and Hara Masatane get lots of sacks on the outside. Uesugi Kenshin is my QB for the moment, but he's getting pushed hard by Wada Koremasa. Uesugi runs the option better, but Wada is a better passer. My Heisman trophy candidate RB is Tsukuhara Bokuden, with Kamiizumi Nobutsuna as his backup. A few seasons ago Ise Shinkuro won the Heisman from that position. My current receiver studs are Hojo Ujiyasu, Shimazu Iehisa, Kiso Yoshinaka, and Horii Hidemasa.

Though to be honest, I'm starting to run out of names--I'll have to have the Samurai Sourcebook at my side when I recruit next season.

That’s one advantage in a MLB team over NCAA football-smaller rosters and longer player careers (so I haven’t come close to running out of big names). However, Nobunaga is in his free agent year and I don’t think he’ll sign for what I’m willing to spend. It should turn out OK since I have this talented kid Akechi in the minors who has been eyeing his spot…
I changed Barry Bonds' name and he is now serving as Yasuke. Strength of 10 men, melon sized head, all that...
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB 2K6 Reply with quote
Tatsunoshi wrote:
I changed Barry Bonds' name and he is now serving as Yasuke. Strength of 10 men, melon sized head, all that...

Classic. Cool
AJBryant
Shikken
Shikken
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Yasuke and Hayes

The really surreal thing is, I could envision the opening credits...

Oh, Lord.

Very Happy

Tony
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Yasuke and Hayes

AJBryant wrote:

The really surreal thing is, I could envision the opening credits...

Oh, Lord.

Very Happy

Tony

And you know Isaac Hayes would do the soundtrack.
AJBryant
Shikken
Shikken
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
And you know Isaac Hayes would do the soundtrack.

But, given his fame, wouldn't that warrant "Yasuke and Hayes and Hayes"?

Tony
AngusH
Castle Guard
Castle Guard
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitsuno wrote:
AngusH wrote:

Where are you getting it from? a torrent site?

Yup, d-addicts.
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
AngusH wrote:

It looks like there aren't enough seeds left to get the first episode.
Mencius
Ninja
Ninja
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
AngusH wrote:
Yup, d-addicts.

Angus, you couldn't seed episodes 2 and 5, could you?
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Huh, the first episode spontaneously started, and I got it all.
Mencius
Ninja
Ninja
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitsuno wrote:

Come again?
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mencius wrote:
kitsuno wrote:

Come again?

The download suddenly started after an hour or so at 0 kb/s and I got the whole episode in about an hour apparently.

I notice the vid quality isn't that good. I also got the first part of sengoku jieitai - sekigahara. This is the one I saw in Japan a few months ago. The subtitles were done pretty well.
Mencius
Ninja
Ninja
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitsuno wrote:
The download suddenly started after an hour or so at 0 kb/s and I got the whole episode in about an hour apparently.

Oh, right. Well there are seeding problems for most of the other episodes. If you're lucky you might be on when someone comes online that can speed your download up. I find my torrents download a little bit and then stop for ages, before getting a bit more.
AngusH
Castle Guard
Castle Guard
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mencius wrote:

Angus, you couldn't seed episodes 2 and 5, could you?

Sure could. Start it downloading and I'll seed these when I get home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // The Samurai Film All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: