Register :: Log in :: Profile   


NHK Taiga Drama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // The Samurai Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AngusH
Castle Guard
Castle Guard
Veteran Member



Joined: 07 May 2006
Posts: 377
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been downloading Komyo ga tsuji and though I'm only up to episode 5 it's great so far.
_________________
"While he hears Masashige alone still lives, let him believe that he will prevail at last!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 9481
Location: Honolulu, HI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
AngusH wrote:
I've been downloading Komyo ga tsuji and though I'm only up to episode 5 it's great so far.


Where are you getting it from? a torrent site?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor



Joined: 07 May 2006
Posts: 4923
Location: 京都日本 Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shikisoku wrote:
Yes I watched.
I saw Onou's sword fighting first time. Very Happy


Oh, No! Another 'history' that places her at Honno-ji...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 9481
Location: Honolulu, HI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
shikisoku wrote:
Yes I watched.
I saw Onou's sword fighting first time. Very Happy

Tatsunoshi wrote:

Oh, No!


Should we pardon the pun? Laughing


Last edited by kitsuno on Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 5456
Location: Washington (the one with all the politicians)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tatsunoshi wrote:
shikisoku wrote:
Yes I watched.
I saw Onou's sword fighting first time. Very Happy


Oh, No! Another 'history' that places her at Honno-ji...


Yeah--I was fairly certain that she wasn't there...but whatever. It's fiction, after all, not a documentary.
_________________
Bring it on, laddie 'Domer
The Sengoku Field Manual Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 9481
Location: Honolulu, HI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
How about Yasuke and Hayes? Did they show up?

In fact, "Yasuke and Hayes" would make an awesome 1970's sengoku cop-show drama title - the spear slingin' Yasuke "Who's the man with the long spear-stick who's a sex machine with all the chicks? Yasuke! Ya damn right! Who's the man who would risk his neck for his Tono? Yasuke! Can you dig it?" And the Ninja magic bustin Hayes "They say this cat Stephen Hayes is a bad ninja mother- shut your mouth - I'm talking bout Hayes! Then we can dig it!" Yasuke with his afro and Hayes with his bad 70's haircut and handlebar moustache would hunt down criminals for the shogun pimped out in velvet kimonos and platform geta.

I have no idea why I thought of that, but ROTFLMAO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 5456
Location: Washington (the one with all the politicians)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm an NCAA 2006 football PS2 fanatic, and I've created my own team based in Hawaii, the "Chuunichi Dragons". Every player I recruit I rename as someone from Japanese history. Yasuke is currently my punter. Mori Ranmaru was my kicker, but he graduated, and now its Francis Xavier (for those that don't follow American football, a large percentage of kickers come from foreign countries, probably because they couldn't hack it at soccer).

Will Adams is a 4th string defensive lineman. But on the plus side, Oda Nobunaga graduated as an All-American cornerback/wide-receiver, and Takeda Shingen and Yamamoto Kansuke make a badass pair of linebackers.
_________________
Bring it on, laddie 'Domer
The Sengoku Field Manual Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 9481
Location: Honolulu, HI

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have Madden 2006 on the way to me, that's a good idea... Idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor



Joined: 07 May 2006
Posts: 4923
Location: 京都日本 Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Yasuke & Hayes Reply with quote
kitsuno wrote:
How about Yasuke and Hayes? Did they show up?

In fact, "Yasuke and Hayes" would make an awesome 1970's sengoku cop-show drama title - the spear slingin' Yasuke "Who's the man with the long spear-stick who's a sex machine with all the chicks? Yasuke! Ya damn right! Who's the man who would risk his neck for his Tono? Yasuke! Can you dig it?" And the Ninja magic bustin Hayes "They say this cat Stephen Hayes is a bad ninja mother- shut your mouth - I'm talking bout Hayes! Then we can dig it!" Yasuke with his afro and Hayes with his bad 70's haircut and handlebar moustache would hunt down criminals for the shogun pimped out in velvet kimonos and platform geta.

I have no idea why I thought of that, but ROTFLMAO


I'd watch it! And since Hayes' current look resembles that of a drunken Chinese Master from a 70's Shaw Bros film, it fits into the time period nicely. We'd have to get Rudy Ray Moore to be Yasuke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor



Joined: 07 May 2006
Posts: 4923
Location: 京都日本 Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: MLB 2K6 Reply with quote
ltdomer98 wrote:
I'm an NCAA 2006 football PS2 fanatic, and I've created my own team based in Hawaii, the "Chuunichi Dragons". Every player I recruit I rename as someone from Japanese history. Yasuke is currently my punter. Mori Ranmaru was my kicker, but he graduated, and now its Francis Xavier (for those that don't follow American football, a large percentage of kickers come from foreign countries, probably because they couldn't hack it at soccer).

Will Adams is a 4th string defensive lineman. But on the plus side, Oda Nobunaga graduated as an All-American cornerback/wide-receiver, and Takeda Shingen and Yamamoto Kansuke make a badass pair of linebackers.

I did pretty much the same thing with PS2 MLB 2K6. The Kyoto Reds have Shingen as my catcher, Kenshin the fireballing ace, Date Masamune as the brash young reliever, Honda Tadakatsu as the slugging LF, Hideyoshi as the scrappy base stealing shortstop, Imagawa Yoshimoto as the washed up living on his rep utility guy, Nobunaga as the flashy center fielder, etc. Of course the real stars are historical members of the Chiba clan (and myself...it's eerie how using create a player can come up with something that actually looks like me). I'll have to add Yasuke now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 5456
Location: Washington (the one with all the politicians)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitsuno wrote:
I have Madden 2006 on the way to me, that's a good idea... Idea


Madden 2007 should be out in 2 months, why not wait for that? Unless you don't care about updated rosters, in which case 2006 should be much cheaper.
_________________
Bring it on, laddie 'Domer
The Sengoku Field Manual Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 5456
Location: Washington (the one with all the politicians)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB 2K6 Reply with quote
Tatsunoshi wrote:
I did pretty much the same thing with PS2 MLB 2K6. The Kyoto Reds have Shingen as my catcher, Kenshin the fireballing ace, Date Masamune as the brash young reliever, Honda Tadakatsu as the slugging LF, Hideyoshi as the scrappy base stealing shortstop, Imagawa Yoshimoto as the washed up living on his rep utility guy, Nobunaga as the flashy center fielder, etc. Of course the real stars are historical members of the Chiba clan (and myself...it's eerie how using create a player can come up with something that actually looks like me). I'll have to add Yasuke now!


Yeah, it's fun, huh? Hashiba Hideyoshi and Oda Nobunaga made a sick tandem at cornerback--and Oda Nobunaga set an NCAA record for number of punt return TD's. They've both graduated, but Shibata Katsuie and Yagyuu Jubei are filling in nicely. Honda Tadakatsu was a free safety, but Hosokawa Katsumoto fills that slot now. Musashibo Benkei makes a KICKASS right tackle (O line) and as I said the Takeda clan just seems to breed linebackers--Shingen and Kansuke are complete badasses on the inside, and Naito Masatoyo and Hara Masatane get lots of sacks on the outside. Uesugi Kenshin is my QB for the moment, but he's getting pushed hard by Wada Koremasa. Uesugi runs the option better, but Wada is a better passer. My Heisman trophy candidate RB is Tsukuhara Bokuden, with Kamiizumi Nobutsuna as his backup. A few seasons ago Ise Shinkuro won the Heisman from that position. My current receiver studs are Hojo Ujiyasu, Shimazu Iehisa, Kiso Yoshinaka, and Horii Hidemasa.

Though to be honest, I'm starting to run out of names--I'll have to have the Samurai Sourcebook at my side when I recruit next season.
_________________
Bring it on, laddie 'Domer
The Sengoku Field Manual Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tatsunoshi
Miko no Kami
Miko no Kami
Forum Kanrei
Forum Kanrei
Multi-Year Benefactor
Multi-Year Benefactor



Joined: 07 May 2006
Posts: 4923
Location: 京都日本 Cincinnati, OH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB 2K6 Reply with quote
ltdomer98 wrote:
Tatsunoshi wrote:
I did pretty much the same thing with PS2 MLB 2K6. The Kyoto Reds have Shingen as my catcher, Kenshin the fireballing ace, Date Masamune as the brash young reliever, Honda Tadakatsu as the slugging LF, Hideyoshi as the scrappy base stealing shortstop, Imagawa Yoshimoto as the washed up living on his rep utility guy, Nobunaga as the flashy center fielder, etc. Of course the real stars are historical members of the Chiba clan (and myself...it's eerie how using create a player can come up with something that actually looks like me). I'll have to add Yasuke now!


Yeah, it's fun, huh? Hashiba Hideyoshi and Oda Nobunaga made a sick tandem at cornerback--and Oda Nobunaga set an NCAA record for number of punt return TD's. They've both graduated, but Shibata Katsuie and Yagyuu Jubei are filling in nicely. Honda Tadakatsu was a free safety, but Hosokawa Katsumoto fills that slot now. Musashibo Benkei makes a KICKASS right tackle (O line) and as I said the Takeda clan just seems to breed linebackers--Shingen and Kansuke are complete badasses on the inside, and Naito Masatoyo and Hara Masatane get lots of sacks on the outside. Uesugi Kenshin is my QB for the moment, but he's getting pushed hard by Wada Koremasa. Uesugi runs the option better, but Wada is a better passer. My Heisman trophy candidate RB is Tsukuhara Bokuden, with Kamiizumi Nobutsuna as his backup. A few seasons ago Ise Shinkuro won the Heisman from that position. My current receiver studs are Hojo Ujiyasu, Shimazu Iehisa, Kiso Yoshinaka, and Horii Hidemasa.

Though to be honest, I'm starting to run out of names--I'll have to have the Samurai Sourcebook at my side when I recruit next season.


That’s one advantage in a MLB team over NCAA football-smaller rosters and longer player careers (so I haven’t come close to running out of big names). However, Nobunaga is in his free agent year and I don’t think he’ll sign for what I’m willing to spend. It should turn out OK since I have this talented kid Akechi in the minors who has been eyeing his spot…
I changed Barry Bonds' name and he is now serving as Yasuke. Strength of 10 men, melon sized head, all that...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ltdomer98
Daijo Daijin
Daijo Daijin
Veteran Member



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 5456
Location: Washington (the one with all the politicians)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: MLB 2K6 Reply with quote
Tatsunoshi wrote:
I changed Barry Bonds' name and he is now serving as Yasuke. Strength of 10 men, melon sized head, all that...


Classic. Cool
_________________
Bring it on, laddie 'Domer
The Sengoku Field Manual Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
AJBryant
Shikken
Shikken
Veteran Member



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 1782

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Yasuke and Hayes


The really surreal thing is, I could envision the opening credits...

Oh, Lord.

Very Happy


Tony
_________________
http://www.sengokudaimyo.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 9481
Location: Honolulu, HI

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
Yasuke and Hayes

AJBryant wrote:


The really surreal thing is, I could envision the opening credits...

Oh, Lord.

Very Happy


Tony


And you know Isaac Hayes would do the soundtrack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
AJBryant
Shikken
Shikken
Veteran Member



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 1782

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
And you know Isaac Hayes would do the soundtrack.


But, given his fame, wouldn't that warrant "Yasuke and Hayes and Hayes"?


Tony
_________________
http://www.sengokudaimyo.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AngusH
Castle Guard
Castle Guard
Veteran Member



Joined: 07 May 2006
Posts: 377
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitsuno wrote:
AngusH wrote:
I've been downloading Komyo ga tsuji and though I'm only up to episode 5 it's great so far.


Where are you getting it from? a torrent site?


Yup, d-addicts.
_________________
"While he hears Masashige alone still lives, let him believe that he will prevail at last!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 9481
Location: Honolulu, HI

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
AngusH wrote:
I've been downloading Komyo ga tsuji and though I'm only up to episode 5 it's great so far.


It looks like there aren't enough seeds left to get the first episode.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mencius
Ninja
Ninja
Veteran Member



Joined: 24 May 2006
Posts: 532
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
AngusH wrote:
Yup, d-addicts.


Angus, you couldn't seed episodes 2 and 5, could you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 9481
Location: Honolulu, HI

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Huh, the first episode spontaneously started, and I got it all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mencius
Ninja
Ninja
Veteran Member



Joined: 24 May 2006
Posts: 532
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitsuno wrote:
Huh, the first episode spontaneously started, and I got it all.


Come again?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kitsuno
Forum Shogun
Forum Shogun



Joined: 04 May 2006
Posts: 9481
Location: Honolulu, HI

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mencius wrote:
kitsuno wrote:
Huh, the first episode spontaneously started, and I got it all.


Come again?


The download suddenly started after an hour or so at 0 kb/s and I got the whole episode in about an hour apparently.

I notice the vid quality isn't that good. I also got the first part of sengoku jieitai - sekigahara. This is the one I saw in Japan a few months ago. The subtitles were done pretty well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mencius
Ninja
Ninja
Veteran Member



Joined: 24 May 2006
Posts: 532
Location: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
kitsuno wrote:
The download suddenly started after an hour or so at 0 kb/s and I got the whole episode in about an hour apparently.


Oh, right. Well there are seeding problems for most of the other episodes. If you're lucky you might be on when someone comes online that can speed your download up. I find my torrents download a little bit and then stop for ages, before getting a bit more.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AngusH
Castle Guard
Castle Guard
Veteran Member



Joined: 07 May 2006
Posts: 377
Location: Sydney, Australia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mencius wrote:

Angus, you couldn't seed episodes 2 and 5, could you?


Sure could. Start it downloading and I'll seed these when I get home.
_________________
"While he hears Masashige alone still lives, let him believe that he will prevail at last!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Samurai Archives Citadel Forum Index // The Samurai Film All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Help the Samurai Archives




alexisRed v1.2 // Theme Created By: Andrew Charron // Samuraized By: Aaron Rister

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group